- Roasted vegetables and chickpeas
- Salad (avocado, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries)
- Carrots + hummus
For dessert, I made chocolate fondue with strawberries and pineapples. I actually botched the fondue because I didn't follow my own recipe, but I wanted to write this post anyway. I've made this recipe in this past, and it's delicious. Plus, I discovered my new favorite chocolate chips at Central Market: Guittard Semi-Sweet. I may or may not have snacked on several handfuls before making the fondue.
I found this recipe on the box of my fondue pot, which has traveled with me from house to house, city to city, for the past 11 years. I don't make fondue all that often, but when I do, I'm sure glad to have my trusty fondue pot.
- 1/4 c milk
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t vanilla
- Combine milk and chips in fondue bowl.
- Set temperature to low.
- Stir until chips are melted.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with pieces of angel food, sponge, or pound cake, fresh fruit, pretzels, etc.