It's finished! We finally converted our kitchen island wall into a chalkboard. I had the idea to do this before we even built our house (I just though it would be the perfect place for our boys to have a big open canvass). Once we started using the space (picture lots of scuff marks from feet), I realized it made even more sense to turn it into a chalkboard.
- I wish I would've sanded the wall to smooth it out. Note to self for next time! I think the bumps look okay, but they make writing difficult.
- Tape around the edges. I prefer Frog Tape to regular painter's tape.
- Cut in the edges with a paintbrush and this paint.
- Roll the rest of the space.
- Wait the requisite drying time.
- Repeat one more time.
- Wait the requisite amount of drying time and then rub up and down the entire wall with a piece of giant sidewalk chalk to "cure" it.
- Erase the whole thing.
If I were more ambitious, I would have put a couple coats of magnetic paint under the chalkboard paint for even more fun!