Tate is almost one. Wow!
It's time to start party planning. I'm excited to celebrate this little guy.
So far we've kept all of Henry's birthday parties simple with a little celebration at home. I think that's the route we'll go again.
- 11:30am-2:30pm is his most vibrant awake time during the day, and it's perfect for serving lunch. Then again, it might be more fun to have an afternoon/evening party, since it will be a little cooler outside and we could move out to the deck.
Tate loves being outside, so I do think an evening/dinner party would be fun.
- Baby pool
- Hose + dirt = mud fun for the three year-olds
I think the best part of Tate's birthday will be preparing for it with Henry. What kinds of things could we make together?
- Homemade lemonade
- Birthday cake, of course, with a giant one made out of blueberries?
- Feta, pesto, and cherry tomato pasta?
- And maybe macaroni and cheese?
- Garlic bread?
- Fruit kabobs?
- Hang our birthday banner
- Set out Tate's first-year scrapbook (better finish it!)
- Set out Skin So Soft for people who want a little protection from the mosquitoes
- Make a cardboard 1 for a group photo (which Henry can help paint, and it will be faster than making a piñata!)
- Oh, balloons. I think Tate will get a kick out of those.