- Henry loved exploring real ships at the Maritime Museum
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park at 8am was beautiful! It was nearly empty and we got to enjoy the butterfly garden, the hot air balloon, and the tram ride.
- The Birch Aquarium was small but fun--the views were jaw-dropping.
- UCSD was super-fun around lunch time--hooray for farmer's markets!
- Torrey Pines State Reserve was breathtaking!
- The Green Acre restaurant nestled within a commercial office complex was amazing!
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Monday, March 30, 2015
Join a community of 12 kindred spirits for a weekend of reflection, rejuvenation, inspiration, and connection! We'll be settling into a tranquil retreat on two acres of land. Planned activities will include guided reflection and goal-setting, envisioning, tapping into our creativity to create a touchstone object, plus much more! Additional activities include relaxing by the pool, yoga, reading, journaling, playing board games, etc. The retreat will balance time with the community and time for personal introspection.
- Plan to arrive at the Austin airport by 4pm on Friday, July 10, 2015.
- We will leave the house together on Sunday morning at 11am to travel to the airport.
- There is the option to arrive on Thursday after 6pm for an additional fee.
- All 12 participants will have their own beds in a combination of four bedrooms and some semi-private loft spaces. The slumber party feeling will be part of fostering connection and community.
- Although all of our activities will take place at the retreat site, you are welcome to venture into the city yourself with easy access to public transportation.
- The total cost of $425 includes lodging for Friday and Saturday night, transportation from and to the airport via Super Shuttle, all meals and snacks, and all materials required for our various activities.
- Add an additional $75 to stay Thursday night (includes dinner, breakfast, and lunch). There will not be any planned activities until dinner on Friday, but you are welcome to start your introspection early!
- Registration will be open to the first 11 people. The registration fee must be paid in full in order to secure your spot. Refunds will only be issued if your spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Monday, March 23, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
“By the age of three, the model for the human being that is developing within the child is complete. Crisis periods are favourable for change, not only in children, but in all who participate in them.” – Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Creating more opportunities for him to help in the kitchen.
- Setting up Tate’s closet so that he can independently access and choose his own clothes.
- Keeping his kitchen drawer stocked with glasses.
- Teaching him how to use a stool to access the water dispenser in the refrigerator.
Labels: Purposeful Parenthood
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Labels: Grounding Ourselves