I made another easy DIY baby quilt. I love breaking quilting rules in ways that make a project much quicker and easier.
For this project, I:
- Decided on the ultimate size of the quilt (36" x 36").
- I cut strips of fabric at various widths using a mat and a rotary cutter.
- I ironed the strips.
- I sewed the strips together (ironing down the seams between each addition).
- Once the quilt top was ready, I placed it right side to right side with the fleece bottom and sewed it almost completely shut.
- At the end I flipped it inside out and sewed the last bit closed.
Here's one I made for a friend and Tate.
And the one I made for baby Henry (when he was in utero and we were calling him "Coconut".