I updated our Family Mission Statement with a new photo of our family! The last photo featured Matt, me, and Henry as a four month-old...
As a reminder, here's what the text says:
We are a family that...
- Prioritizes health and wellness.
- Resolves problems, issues, and conflict respectfully and in a constructive rather than destructive way.
- Does professional work that is meaningful, enjoyable, fulfilling, and good for the world.
- Maintains a daily pace of life that allows us time to laugh together, express our love and appreciation for each other, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Shares responsibilities equitably but covers for each other when needed.
- Cultivates community and connection among friends, family, and neighbors and continuously seeks to expand our circle.
- Aligns our lifestyle choices and actions with our concern for the environment.
- Keeps our living spaces organized, calming, welcoming, relaxing, de-cluttered, and beautiful.
- Continually explores the world through travel.
- Maintains traditions and rituals around daily and weekly routines (like eating home-cooked meals together and prioritizing conversation and connection while eating), celebrations, and sicknesses.
- Builds up trust through our daily interactions with each other.
- Patiently supports and celebrates each other as we pursue our individual interests and passions.