Friends, it has been so long!
It's easy to fall into the habit of not writing. First it was being on vacation. Then it was the horrendously racist things that were happening around the country; I was struggling to put my words together. Then it was the start of the school year. Then it was, "Well, I've gone this long without updating my blog, what's another week?" And then another and another.
This blog is my place to dream and plan. There hasn't been much dreaming and planning going on lately! I've been working, mothering, working, sleeping. And waking up and doing it all over again. Even my year of "Health & Wellness" has started to fall by the wayside.
But now it is September. We are two-thirds of the way through the year. I want to feel like I am being intentional and purposeful with my one wild and precious life.
- Eat more salads with dinner. I have not been doing this. What's holding me back? Not having a quick, easy, and delicious recipe. Let me get back to goat cheese, apple, and sunflower seeds with balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water each day. I've been doing okay with this, but I'm eager to recommit to a full 80 ounces.
- Run once on the weekend and once during the week. I have not been doing this. I need to move my work treadmill into a better spot.
- Go to yoga once a week. I have definitely not been doing this. It's so much easier to stay home and work than it is to mobilize and get to yoga.
- Cultivate a daily meditation and gratitude practice. I'm glad I'm getting a reminder to do this!
- Publish five books. Matt and I have two in the works. We did publish this one!
- Clean and organize our house before the boys go to bed each night. Definitely not doing this one! If we do a better job of cleaning before the boys go to bed, we'll be able to meet this goal.
Track our expenses in Mint.com daily so that we are able to hit our saving goals.We are going to focus on this goal next year.
- Invite friends over monthly. Yes!
- Use my work time in the evening to clear out my inbox and do bigger-picture planning. Try to move all projects into slots during the work day. I'm doing okay with this!
Our Family Goals for the Year
- Take a road trip to Oklahoma
- Take a road trip to Dallas to see Kyla
- Read three chapter books
- Read all the BOB books: On Box 2 out of 5!
- Go camping
- Take more day trips to small Texas towns: Done with 3 out of 5!
- Hang out at the creek in the summer
In terms of special goals this month:
- I want to make another list of adventures in Austin--I want us to have fun things to do on the weekend!
- We need to make our Halloween costumes!
- We need to plan Fall Break!