The new year is upon us!
I hosted another Reflection & Rejuvenation party, and four friends came over for three hours of reflection, intention-setting, and connecting. I had a lot of fun!
When I reflected on 2016, my three words (in this order) were busy, stressful, and beautiful.
Although I had a lot to celebrate (publishing a book, breaking ground on our permanent school facility in East Austin, and an overall feeling like I'm doing the right work), I was disappointed by my inability to sustain the regular habits of health and wellness. There are so many other habits I want to incorporate into my life in order to be able to describe my life in the way I want. As such, here's what I'm committing to this year:
2017 Personal Goals
By the end of the year, I want to be able to say that I feel balanced, connected, full of vitality, and at peace. I want to keep my bucket full, so that I can interact with others from a place of patience, love, and joy.
Toward that end, I will:
- Run at least twice a week and do yoga at least once a week.
- Eat in a balanced and healthy way.
- Continue my daily meditation and gratitude practice.
- Stop working at 8pm to create two hours of free time for myself each evening.
- Attend therapy every other week and attend leadership coaching every other week.
- Take a pottery class.
- Host a Sunday Supper at least ten times this year.
- Religiously use Mint.com to track our expenses.
- Restore our house each night.
- Go on a retreat by myself.
- Go on a trip with Matt.