A fourth of the year is behind us! I do not take that lightly. I feel so grateful to be alive and to have the life I have. I don't want to waste any of the time I have on this Earth. I know I sound cheesy, but I'm being sincere!
By the end of the year, I want to be able to say that I feel balanced, connected, full of vitality, and at peace. I want to keep my bucket full, so that I can interact with others from a place of patience, love, and joy. At various points this month, I was up at a 9. At other times, I was down at a 6. Probably, overall, I averaged about a 7.5.
Here are the things I'm trying to do toward the above goal this year:
- Run at least twice a week and do yoga at least once a week. Running = I don't want to get up to look at my tracker, but I swear I'm doing well! Yoga = 0%. Still not fitting this in. Still want to fit it in. I think I'm going to look for a buddy so I have more accountability on this one.
- Eat in a balanced and healthy way. Okay (except for vacation). I need to get back in my salad habit. I haven't had much time for meal prep on Sundays.
- Continue my daily meditation and gratitude practice. I've been doing a guided body scan meditation almost every night!
- Stop working at 8pm to create two hours of free time for myself each evening. It's been hard to do this, but I'm working on it!
- Attend therapy every other week and attend leadership coaching every other week. There therapist I wanted ended up not having any room for new patients. I'm back on the search!
- Take a pottery class. Later in the year...
- Host a Sunday Supper at least ten times this year. Yep! Did it on a Saturday instead this time.
- Religiously use Mint.com to track our expenses. We have fallen out of this habit. April, we are coming for you! I need to think of a specific time and place to do this, otherwise I won't. I should do it while I'm brushing my teeth every night.
- Restore our house each night. Better!
- Go on a retreat by myself. Later in the year...
- Go on a trip with Matt. Later in the year...
Here's how I did on my February-specific goals? Well, I never posted them on our giant kitchen whiteboard, which means I totally forgot what they were. [insert self-compassion]
I'll bump these to April and add a couple more:
- Schedule a dentist appointment
- Plan our summer (I'm traveling to Ohio for a four-week Montessori training)
- Organize the entire kitchen
- Plan our summer vacation ideas
- Plant our garden
In terms of our family goals, I booked us tickets to see a theater production! I also need to schedule our next Saturday Supper.
I'm excited about what April has in store.